A weekend

Friday 68 miles to Alpena Then No cycling on Saturday.


Cycled down the road stopping at a great bakery on route. I could not decide what to have so ended up with a cinnamon roll and a chocolate brownie.
    I reached Alpena by 4 pm and as arranged telephoned Thane. It took him 3.5 mins. to come and collect me!


Not sure how I can describe my evening and next day. There is nothing like meeting friends cycling. 4 years since I have met Thane and Bobby, but I have been treated like a V.I.P. Have visited a couple of old lighthouses. Friday evening was spent at the local brewery, Saturday. evening the local winery. In between went to a childrens' birthday party. Plus have been made to feel so welcome, been introduced to friends  and family. Have even been given a free teeshirt by the local bike shop.
 My route to the Canadian border has been planned.


No words can describe my appreciation for the welcome I have been given this weekend. Great to have spent time with friends.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wed. 16th August

Friday 25th August

Thursday the 17th nd Friday 18th In Toronto